Vision and ambition are at the heart of North East local government in driving economic recovery and in creating the right conditions for business to invest and grow.
We aspire to be more prosperous and want the best for people and businesses in this area of the country.
Councils make a unique contribution to economic growth and investment. With their knowledge, breadth of activity, enabling and incentivising role, they can act as a real driver in attracting investment and employment, to create significant economic benefits for citizens and communities.
Our councils play a pivotal role in:
- Identifying and preparing sites that can attract developers.
- Ensuring that investors know about the strengths the North East can offer.
- Providing pro-business development services.
- Planning, infrastructure and public procurement, all of which can be geared towards promoting enterprise, investment and regeneration in our areas.
- Working collaboratively with the private sector individually, through the local enterprise partnerships and across the North East.
Find out more about: